GLOCK, Inc Unveils the New 30S Pistol ModelSmyrna, GA — January 14, 2013 —
SHOT Show Sets the Stage for Unveiling of Latest Offering from GLOCK
Today GLOCK, Inc. announced a new addition to its pistol lineup - the GLOCK 30S. The conceal-and-carry hybrid pistol features impressive stopping power consisting of a factory-made 36 slide on top of a 30SF frame. Its compact design and simple operation allow smooth drawing in a .45 caliber pistol. The 30S packs 10 rounds of .45 ACP in a package that fits the hands of most any user. The G30S is easy to use, easy to conceal and tough to contend with.
“The G30S platform has been more than a year in the making,” explained Josh Dorsey, GLOCK Vice President. “Our original request from the field - particularly from law enforcement - was to have a more concealable .45 that still carries 10 rounds, so we utilized the G30 SF frame after it was thoroughly tested, presented and accepted as the desired frame for the G30S.”
The full details of the new model are outlined below:
- Length (overall): 177 mm / 6.97 inch
- Length (slide cpl.): 172 mm / 6.77 inch
- Width: 32.5 mm / 1.28 inch
- Height with magazine: 122 mm / 4.80 inch
- Barrel length: 96 mm / 3.78 inch
- Length of twist: 400 mm / 15.75 inch
- Trigger distance: 72.5 mm / 2.85 inch
- Trigger travel to discharge: 12.5 mm / 0.49 inch
- Length between sights (polymer): 150 mm / 5.91 inch
- Pistol w/o magazine: 575 g / 20.28 oz
- Magazine std. empty: 70 g / 2.47 oz
- Magazine std. full (depending on ammo used): 280 g / 9.88 oz
- Magazine capacity (rounds): 10
- Barrel profile: right hand twist; octagonal
- Standard Trigger pull: ~5.5lbs
- Muzzle velocity V0**: 787 fps
- Muzzle energy E0**: 317 ft lb
**depending on ammunition used
Visit GLOCK at the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Tradeshow (“SHOT Show”), in booth #12254, January 15-18, 2013 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, in Las Vegas. The conference is the largest and most comprehensive trade show for all professionals involved with the shooting sports, hunting and law enforcement industries. It is the world's premier exposition of combined firearms, ammunition, law enforcement, cutlery, outdoor apparel, optics and related products and services.
About GLOCK, Inc.
The GLOCK GROUP is a leading global manufacturer of pistols and accessories. GLOCK's superior engineering has produced a pistol with only 34 parts and a rugged polymer-frame, providing industry-leading reliability shot after shot. GLOCK is renowned for its pistols which are safe, featuring three safeties; simple, offering a low number of components to provide reliability; and fast, with no encumbering parts to slow the speed to fire. This combination makes GLOCK pistols the first choice among consumers and law enforcement, with 65% of agencies within the United States choosing to carry GLOCK. Austrian-engineered, the group has manufacturing facilities in the United States and Austria. Based in Smyrna, Ga., GLOCK, Inc. is an advocate for our nation's law enforcement and military personnel, as well as all citizens' Second Amendment right to bear arms. For more information, please visit www.glock.com.