TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF GLOCK, INC.’S WEBSITES
Updated June 18, 2019
Please read the following terms and conditions (the “Terms & Conditions” or “Terms”) carefully before accessing, visiting or using any of the websites owned or operated by GLOCK, Inc., including, but not limited to, the following websites (collectively, the “Websites”):
Please note that you cannot order or purchase firearms directly from our Websites and that product availability, price, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTSOur Websites are maintained to allow you to access information about, and to stay up-to-date on, information and news about GLOCK, our products and our services. You agree to use our Websites for your personal, non-commercial use only. Content displayed on our Websites, including, but not limited to, any and all text, images, graphics, sound, animations and videos, are protected by applicable intellectual property laws, e.g., trademark and copyright laws of the United States, and
belong to GLOCK or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. You are not permitted to download, store, copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, publicly display, perform, publish, republish, transmit, post, re-post or distribute any of the materials or content displayed or featured on any of our Websites except under the following circumstances:
• You may use content or materials from our Websites with the express prior written permission of GLOCK.
• Your computer may store copies of materials and content from the Websites on your computer or device temporarily and files may be automatically, but not permanently, cached by your Internet browser.
• You may download or print GLOCK content only for your personal use for non-commercial purposes.
No modification or alteration of the content or materials found on our Websites is permitted.
Our Websites, including, but not limited to, all content, features and functionality, are owned by GLOCK, its licensors or other providers. No right, title or interest in or to our Websites or any content, features and functionality is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by GLOCK.
GLOCK possesses the sole and exclusive rights to its names, product names, brand names, logos, designs, product configurations, service marks, trademarks, trade dress, slogans and all intellectual property. Nothing contained on the Websites may be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, including, but not limited to, the GLOCK logo or “GLOCK” trade name, without the express prior written permission of GLOCK. To the extent applicable, all other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
2. PROHIBITED USES OF THE WEBSITESYou agree that you will only access, visit or use our Websites for lawful purposes and in compliance with all local, state and federal laws applicable to you and to GLOCK.
In particular, you agree that you shall not access, visit or use our Websites to do any of the following:
• Engage in conduct which violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation;
• Engage in conduct that violates laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States;
• Engage in conduct that attempts to or exploits or harms individuals, including, but not limited to minors;
• Engage in conduct that impacts or effects the use, content, features or functionality of the Websites or otherwise
impacts the use, enjoyment or operation of the Websites or the servers or equipment related thereto;
• Interfere with or disrupt the use, content, features, or functionality of the Websites;
• Provide any information to us that is false or misleading, that attempts to hide your identity or that you do not have the right to disclose;
• Do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper function or appearance of content, features, or functionality of the Websites, e.g., engage in a denial-of- service attack; and
3. DISCLAIMERSGLOCK cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that the Websites, including, but not limited to, materials, content, and files, will be free of viruses or other destructive code, components or objects. You are solely responsible for safeguarding your computer, mobile device, device or network. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, THEIR CONTENT, MATERIALS, FUNCTIONALITY, AND FEATURES, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTENT, MATERIALS, FUNCTIONALITY, FEATURES AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. GLOCK DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, GLOCK DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITES, THEIR CONTENT, MATERIALS, FUNCTIONALITY AND FEATURES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES, WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITES OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE WEBSITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
GLOCK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
GLOCK reserves the right to modify, amend, delete, suspend or discontinue any of the Websites, or any portion thereof, without prior notice.
4. INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY USERSWe do not claim ownership of the photographs, slides, images, content, or other materials (collectively, “Materials”) you provide to us, whether you provide that to us through one of our Websites or other means, such as email. However, by sending, mailing, forwarding, uploading, inputting, providing, or otherwise submitting Materials to us, you agree to, and grant to, GLOCK and its sublicensees the right and irrevocable license to use, in perpetuity, any of the Materials submitted to us without compensation (e.g., on a royalty-free basis), notice, or credit to the person(s) submitting such Materials. Such rights shall include, without limitation, the right and license to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Materials, and to publish your name in connection with your Materials. In addition, GLOCK shall have the right to make additions to, and create new renderings, modifications or embellishments of, the Materials. All such additions, renderings, modifications and/or embellishments shall be, and remain the property of GLOCK.
GLOCK is under no obligation to use any Materials you provide and may remove any Materials from its publications and/or Websites at any time in GLOCK’s sole discretion. GLOCK will not return any submitted Materials to you.
GLOCK shall not be liable by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, which may occur or be produced in the use of such Materials or the publication thereof, including any misspellings or other mistakes with regard to your name or identity and/or the Material’s subject(s), if disclosed.
Any person submitting Materials represents and warrants that: (i) he/she owns all rights, title and interest in such Materials; and (ii) our use thereof, will in no way infringe upon the rights (including, but not limited to, copyrights) of any person or entity. You are solely responsible for any Materials you submit to GLOCK, including the lawfulness, appropriateness, originality, or copyright.
You may not submit information, content, or Materials that: (i) are false, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, constitutes trade secret or confidential information, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; or (ii) constitutes or encourages a criminal offense, or that violates the rights of any party or otherwise gives rise to liability or violates any law.
Any comments or remarks sent to GLOCK including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of the Websites or Materials (collectively "Feedback"), shall be deemed to be non-confidential. GLOCK shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, GLOCK shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in
such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such Feedback.
5. LINKSLinks to other websites: The Websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned or operated by GLOCK. These links are provided as a convenience for users of the Websites. They do not constitute approval, endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation for the content of these websites. Should you leave any of the Websites via a link contained herein, and view content that is not provided by GLOCK, you do so at your own risk. GLOCK does not accept responsibility for links to other websites and the content available on such websites. Such content is exclusively subject to the liability of the respective website owner.
If you click on a third-party link or third-party content, be sure to read the terms and conditions of use and privacy statements or policies of those websites you access to ensure that you agree or consent to those terms, conditions, statements or policies.
GLOCK does not endorse, support, sanction, warrant, guarantee or verify the information or material that is provided on other websites. Descriptions of, or references to, products, publications or websites that are not owned by GLOCK do not imply endorsement of that product, publication or website.
GLOCK has not reviewed all materials linked to or from our Websites and is not responsible for the content of any such material. Any concerns regarding any such websites should be directed to the particular website or service.
6. APPLICABLE LAW; JURISDICTION/VENUEAny and all disputes or claims arising out of or related to the Websites or the Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law principles or provisions.
You agree that any claim or legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Websites or the Terms & Conditions must be brought only in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia or the state courts located within the territory encompassed by the Northern District of Georgia.
7. SEVERABILITYIf any provision of these Terms & Conditions is unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the Terms & Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Terms & Conditions.
8. LIMITATION ON LIABILITYUNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL A COVERED PARTY (AS DEFINED BELOW) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES AND LOST PROFIT), WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, COMMON LAW OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, STATUTE OR REGULATION, IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR WEBSITES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTENT, MATERIALS, FUNCTIONALITY, FEATURES, OR SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
“Covered Party” means GLOCK, its affiliates, and any officer, director, employee, subcontractor, agent, successor or assign of GLOCK or its affiliates.